A steering wheel cleaner is helpful because a steering wheel is one of the most used components of a car, it can easily accumulate dirt and stains over time. In 2023, there is a wide range of alternatives on the market, from general-purpose cleaners to items specifically made for leather, vinyl, or other materials.
One of the interiors of a car’s most often used features is the steering wheel. It gradually gathers dust, debris, and oil from the driver’s hands as well as dirt, grime, and oil from the environment. This accumulation can affect the grip of the steering wheel, which can be risky while driving in addition to making it look dirty and unpleasant. To preserve the steering wheel’s beauty and functionality, regular cleaning is essential. The top steering wheel cleaners for 2023 will be covered in this post, along with some tips on how to use them efficiently.
Best Steering Wheel Cleaners for 2023
1. Leather Honey’s Leather Cleaning and Conditioner
The Leather Cleaning and Conditioner by Leather Honey is a great option if your steering wheel is covered with leather. With no harm or drying out, this cleaner is designed to remove dirt, oil, and filth from leather. Also, it is a conditioner, which means that it hydrates and feeds the leather to stop cracking and fading. Then, using a microfiber cloth and a small bit of the cleaner, wipe the steering wheel in a circular motion. Finally, polish it using a dry towel to get rid of any leftovers.
2. Meguiar’s Interior Detailer
Meguiar’s Interior Detailer is a multipurpose cleaner that works well on a variety of surfaces, including vinyl, plastic, rubber, and leather. The water-based composition leaves no oily or sticky residue while cleaning and protecting the steering wheel. It also has a lovely aroma that refreshes the inside of the automobile. Spray this cleanser onto a microfiber towel and use it to wipe the steering wheel back and forth. After that, blot out any extra moisture with another dry towel.
3. Chemical Guys’ Multi-Purpose Cleaning Solution
Chemical Guys’ Multi-Purpose Cleaner is a powerful cleaner that can remove stubborn stains and filth from any surface, including the steering wheel. It is a mixture that is non-toxic and biodegradable, making it secure for both the environment and the motorist. This cleaner is also adaptable and safe for use on a variety of surfaces, including cloth, leather, vinyl, plastic, and rubber. Spray this cleanser on the steering wheel after diluting it with water in the recommended ratio. After that, wash it off with water and scrub it with a soft brush. The steering wheel should then be towel- or air-dried.
4. Lexol’s Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
Another excellent option for cleaning and conditioning leather steering wheels is Lexol’s Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. The pH-balanced formula of this cleaner gently eliminates filth, grease, and grime without harming the natural oils in the leather. To keep the leather from cracking and fading, it also has a conditioner that replaces and feeds it. Apply a small amount of this cleanser on a microfiber cloth and rub it in a circular motion on the steering wheel to use it. Then use a dry cloth to remove any extra.
5. Weiman’s Leather Cleaner
A strong cleaner created specifically for eliminating dirt and stains from leather is the Leather Cleaner by Weiman. Its pH-balanced, non-toxic formula is safe for use on all varieties of leather, including embossed and perforated leather. Moreover, the UVX-15 sunscreen in this cleaning aids in preventing sun damage such as fading and cracking. Spray this cleanser onto a microfiber cloth and wipe it circularly over the steering wheel to use it. Then use a dry cloth to remove any extra.
Tips for Using Steering Wheel Cleaner
- To ensure that the cleaner won’t harm or disc, test it first on a small, inconspicuous spot.
- Apply the cleaner on a microfiber cloth, then wipe the steering wheel. Because microfiber is absorbent and delicate, it won’t scratch surfaces and effectively removes moisture and grime.
- On the steering wheel, stay away from using harsh chemicals or activated carbon materials as they can harm the surface and reduce its grip.
- Always carefully read the directions on the cleaner’s label thoroughly and follow them. Certain cleansers might need to be diluted or applied in a certain way.
- Be careful not to get the cleaner into any buttons, switches, or controls on the steering wheel. To clean in and around them, use a cotton swab or a soft-bristled brush.
- Don’t use too much cleaner on the steering wheel. Inadequate moisture might enter into the cracks and lead to corrosion or damage.
- Before using the car, let the steering wheel thoroughly dry after cleaning. Wet surfaces might be slick and hinder a driver’s grip.
- Use a gentle cleaner made especially for Alcantara materials on a microfiber cloth or soft-bristled brush to clean an Alcantara steering wheel.
The top steering wheel cleaners for 2023 come in a range of forms, including wipes, sprays, and foamy cleaners. For a comfortable and safe driving experience, you must keep the steering wheel clean and hygienic. It’s important to take necessary safety measures and follow the manufacturer’s directions when using these goods. Also, frequent maintenance and cleaning may assure the steering wheel’s beauty and performance while also extending its lifespan. You can easily keep your steering wheel clean and in peak shape with these tips and resources.
Q1: How can I protect my steering wheel from damage?
Ans: To protect your steering wheel from damage, avoid exposing it to direct sunlight and extreme temperatures, and clean it regularly using a suitable cleaner and soft-bristled brush or microfiber cloth. You can also use a protective coating such as a leather conditioner or protectant.
Q2: How often should I clean my steering wheel?
Ans: It is recommended to clean your steering wheel at least once a month, or more frequently if you notice dirt or grime buildup.
Q3: Can I use water to clean my steering wheel?
Ans: While water can be used to clean a steering wheel, it is important to avoid using too much water, as excess moisture can cause damage to the material and electrical components in the steering wheel.
Q4: Can I use household cleaners to clean my steering wheel?
Ans: No, it is not recommended to use household cleaners on your steering wheel as they can damage the material and cause discolouration.